Dark Chocolate Chunk & Hazelnut Cookies

It's been a while since cookies made an appearance on the blog, actually this was my last cookie recipe (if you don't count the raw ones). We are having grey and rainy days here in Barcelona so my plan to feel cozy and nice while I'm on the computer editing pictures and answering e-mails is to prepare a warm cup of oat milk latte to dunk my cookies in, and listen to those stubborn little birdies out there chirping and singing even if it's raining...I guess they don't accept the fact that we'll have to wait until later this month to finally feel the warmth of the sun. :-p
Last week I received a super nice package from Seed and Bean with some of their most delicious dark chocolate bars, those who follow me on Instagram already know how much I love to try new chocolate brands and how a big fan I am of this brand; so it was awesome to get such a lovely gift from them! Specially because I can try some flavors that I can't find in my city.
Of course my first thought was to create new recipes with them and play a little in the kitchen, and after a couple hectic days here's one of the first recipes I will share with you over the following weeks.
These cookies are loaded with chunks of sicilian hazelnut fine dark chocolate and chopped hazelnuts, (needless to say they will remind you of the Nutella flavor) and are truly one of the best cookies I've ever baked! I know how many times we food bloggers tend to say this but trust me, they are really good (and addictive!). Also they are vegan-friendly and gluten free so everybody wins! (Well, almost everybody...sorry for all my readers with nut-allergy!) 



Dark Chocolate Chunk & Hazelnut Cookies (vegan, gluten-free)
(yield: 30 to 35 cookies)

Ingredients

1/2 cup almond flour.
1/2 cup gf oat flour.
1/4 cup potato starch.
2 tablespoons flax meal (ground flax seeds).
1 teaspoon baking soda.
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla powder.
A pinch of pink Himalayan salt.
1/3 cup natural cashew butter.
1/3 cup organic granulated sugar.
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted.
2 tablespoons any plant-based milk.
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup.
1/3 cup of Seed and Bean Sicilian Hazelnut Fine Dark Chocolate, chopped into chunks.
1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped.


Directions
Preheat oven to 170 ºC (338 ºF) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl and using a hand whisk stir together the almond flour, oat flour, potato starch, ground flax seeds, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Set aside.
In a medium bowl whisk the coconut oil, cashew butter, sugar, milk, and maple syrup until fully combined. Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a silicone spatula until a cohesive dough forms. Finally stir in the chocolate chunks and hazelnuts.
Scoop around 1/2 tablespoon of dough per cookie and leave enough space between them (even though these cookies won't spread too much). Slightly flatten them with the back of a spoon and bake for 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown, check cookies halfway through the baking time to make sure they don't brown quickly.
Let the cookies cool in the baking sheets for 5 to 8 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack until completely cold (if you can resist temptation!).
Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.








Comments