Muesli Energy Bars

Autumn is finally here and getting back into my normal routine after the holidays it's a bit challenging this year...guess I need to reset my mind, find some new fresh inspiration and don't force myself to be so damn super-productive. Being a content creator and trying to stay active on social media it's very time-consuming ; especially now that Instagram and its new algorithm gives more visibility to those who are constantly sharing Reels and video-related content. Maybe I'm too old for these new trends but I love photography way too much and I (even though I'm going to lose a few followers) won't jump on the reels bandwagon. :-p

Anyway, back to the autumn routine! Do you want a yummy snack to help you get through the day and feel a bit more energized? Try my vegan muesli energy bars! Homemade bars are way better, more flavorful and wholesome than any store-bought bars, and I adore snacks that you can grab on the go and that are easy to divide if you just want a small nibble while working on the computer. Simply cut these bars in half and you'll have lovely little bites to pair with your fave tea or coffee.

Receta en español en la web de El Granero Integral


Muesli Energy Bars

(yield: 12 bars approx)

Ingredients

1 1/4 cups muesli (I used one with red berries).

1 cup (180 g) Medjool dates, pitted.

1 cup mixed nuts (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc).

1/4 cup smooth peanut butter.

3 tablespoons (melted) coconut oil.

A pinch of vanilla powder.


Directions

Line a square pan with parchment paper and set aside.

Place dates inside the bowl of your food processor and pulse until they become a paste. I recommend to use a good food processor or a powerful blender, also you can soak the dates in hot water (and drain them) to soften them.

In a large mixing bowl stir together muesli, nuts and vanilla. Add in date paste, peanut butter and coconut oil and mix well. Since the dough is very dense I find it easier to use my own hands to ensure the date paste is well distributed, but feel free to use a sturdy silicone spatula.

Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press down firmly until you get an even surface. Let it rest in the fridge until it hardens (at least one hour) and finally cut the dough into bars.

I recommend to store these bars in the fridge to keep them firm and cut them easily if you prefer to have a small bite.



Comments