Keto Granola

Hey, it's me again! Have you missed me?...okay, okay, no need to answer that! ;-)

Summer is coming to an end, I'm celebrating my birthday tomorrow but I haven't planned anything; this year is being so weird and so busy for me, I didn't have time to think about baking my own cake (as I usually do) so there will be some chocolate treats from my favorite vegan bakery and celebrate a low-key birthday at home.

It's still very hot in Barcelona but at least the afternoons are a bit more bearable, time for myself to turn on the oven (I barely baked anything this summer), and prepare this delicious keto granola.

I love to serve this granola with my favorite coconut yogurt, it has a thick greek-like texture, and pairs perfectly with the toasty aroma of this granola. It's packed with protein, good fats and fiber; as always it's a vegan-friendly recipe and also keto-friendly!

Receta en español en el perfil de Instagram de mis amigos de Ecocesta


Keto Granola

Ingredients

1/2 cup almonds.

1/2 cup walnuts.

1/2 cup macadamia nuts.

1/2 cup sunflower seeds.

1/3 cup pumpkin seeds.

1/3 cup coconut flakes.

1/3 cup flaxmeal mix (milled flax seeds, almond flour and coconut).

3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted).

A pinch of pink Himalayan salt.

A small pinch of pure vanilla powder.


Directions

Preheat oven to 150 ºC (302 ºF) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Chop macadamia nuts in halves and chop walnuts.

In a large mixing bowl combine all nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, salt and vanilla.

Pour in the melted coconut oil and mix with a silicone spatula until all ingredients are well coated.

Spread the granola mixture in a single layer all over the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time to make sure the granola browns evenly.

Remove from oven and once the granola is cold store it in a sealed jar at room temperature.

Serve your keto granola with coconut yogurt and fresh fruit for a delicious, complete breakfast!

Also you can use it as a topping for your brekkie toast, I highly recommend you to try this combo. ;-)




Comments