Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry Muffins

I managed to squeeze this new post into my schedule, this yummy and fuss-free recipe has been in my "unpublished" folder for too long and it was about time to share these nice blueberry muffins with you people!
It's not easy to get the right texture when it comes to gluten-free and vegan baked goods, especially when you are adding juicy blueberries; but after a few attempts, some tweaks here and there and lots of flour combos here you have some seriously good-looking and tasty blueberry muffins. As I said, they are free from gluten and dairy, plus no eggs were involved in the making so they are also vegan-friendly.
This weekend is gonna be a busy one for me, weekends are usually quite crazy for me because it's when I have more time to shoot new recipes but turns out there's only one week for Valentine's Day and I still have to finish a few valentine's-themed recipes for some food brands. After so many work pretty sure I'll end up hating (even) more that day, lol. Dude, this year started with a shitload of work and seems it'll stay this busy for a long time...not that I'm complaining cause in the end that means more brands are paying attention to my work and liking what I do but there are days that I feel so overwhelmed! When I'm so stressed I find it really hard to find inspiration but thank goodness my sister is always by my side and helps me a lot; she always comes up with great ideas and gives me those calming vibes I so need right now! :-)
So expect a a few V-Day themed recipes early next week! I promise they'll be yummy and zero cheesy-looking!



Blueberry Muffins (GF+V)
(yield: 12 muffins)

Ingredients
1/2 cup rice flour.
1/3 cup millet flour.
1/3 cup almond flour.
2 tablespoons cornstarch.
1 tbsp ground flax seeds.
1 teaspoon baking powder.
1 tsp baking soda.
1/2 tsp xanthan gum.
1/2 tsp pure vanilla powder.
A small pinch of pink Himalayan salt.
1/2 cup coconut milk from a carton.
2 tsp apple cider vinegar.
1/4 cup mashed banana.
1/4 cup mild-tasting extra virgin olive oil.
1/4 cup pure maple syrup.
Zest of 1/2 a lemon.
3/4 cup fresh blueberries.

Directions
Preheat oven to 170 ºC (338ºF) and line a 12-cavity muffin pan with paper cups.
In a medium mixing bowl beat together the coconut milk with vinegar until it looks foamy. Let it rest while we continue with the recipe, this will make a good vegan alternative to buttermilk.
In a large bowl and using a wire whisk mix flours, cornstarch, flaxmeal, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt and vanilla powder.
Add mashed banana, olive oil, maple syrup and lemon zest to the milk-vinegar mixture. Mix well and pour this wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients.Whisk vigorously so everything's combined and a smooth, lump-free batter forms. Finally fold in blueberries but reserve a few ones for the next step.
Divide the batter into the cavities and decorate each muffin top with the reserved blueberries.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Let muffins rest in the pan for 5 minutes and finally unmold and cool completely on a wire rack.
Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerated during summer.





Comments