Spinach Pistachio Pesto Pasta

It felt like an eternity but I'm finally back with a recipe I've been meaning to share for so long! Those who follow me on Instagram already know why I've been kinda MIA all these days: my beautiful kitty got spayed last week and she felt a bit under the weather, mostly because she hates wearing that post-surgery onesie...lol. As a new cat mom I worry a lot (actually, I always worry a lot about basically everything and everyone, guess it's a Virgo thing) and it really broke my heart to see her so sad and weak. Luckily the surgery went great and it was just a matter of time to feel like her playful self again, she's more active and happy since yesterday and I'm so relieved! Now all I need is to sleep 24 hours straight, ha! Apart from my duties as a cat mom keeping me busy these days, a lot of deadlines approaching forced me to stay more focused than ever and neglect Instagram...I know that nowadays if you are a blogger and you're not very active on the 'gram you're basically done but it can also be very emotionally draining when you feel you're not doing/posting/sharing enough. It's a challenge for us food bloggers to be constantly creating new content (which implies lots of cooking, shooting, cleaning and repeat) and not to fall into a creative rut. Even worse if you're a control freak and a perfectionist like myself, BUT I can proudly say this year I finally began to stop worrying too much about that social media pressure and hey, if I can't publish more than one recipe in a month it's okay, because there are always more important things to focus on.
So let's talk about food, shall we? Maybe you'd expect a christmassy recipe but worry not cause there will be a few very soon, but first let's cook this easy and super delicious pasta recipe: wholewheat macaroni with spinach and pistachio pesto, topped with sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts. Vegan, wholesome, fuss-free, your perfect healthy comfort food right before the 'eat-like-there's-no-tomorrow season begins! ;-p

Receta en español en mi perfil de Instagram. ¡Click aquí!



Spinach Pistachio Pesto Pasta
(2 servings)

Ingredients
150 g organic wholewheat macaroni.
2 cups chopped spinach.
1/2 cup raw shelled pistachio.
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon dried basil.
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
1/2 garlic clove or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast.
Salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve:
Pine nuts and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.

Directions
Cook the pasta following the package instructions or simply bring a large pot with water to a rolling boil, add in salt and pasta and cook until tender. Let macaroni drain.
To make the pesto place pistachios in your food processor and pulse a few times until almost completely chopped. Add in spinach, basil, garlic and nutritional yeast, and pulse until thoroughly combined.
Gradually pour in the olive oil with the processor running until all ingredients are incorporated, it should form a smooth mixture but still with some texture. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
In a large mixing bowl combine pasta and pesto, stir until pasta is well coated.
Garnish with pine nuts and chopped sun-dried tomatoes (I recommend using the ones that are preserved in olive oil).



Comments