Blueberry Froyo Pops

What else could I came back with other than these popsicles? I mean, it's scorching hot in Barcelona, we are in the middle of a heat weave and I just can't stop thinking about refreshing and ice-cold treats. By the way, I shared the recipe for a frozen mango and maca smoothie in my Instagram last week so if you are up for an easy, super healthy yet delicious treat to keep you cool then this is for you.
I made these pops right after receiving my new silicone mold I ordered on Amazon (along with a couple more molds to make raw desserts) and because I had lots of frozen blueberries waiting for me in the freezer. It's a really easy recipe and you use your favorite summer fruit and even add in a bunch of chocolate chips or whatever type of ice cream chunks you desire. I opted for organic greek yogurt cause I can't find really good creamy, greek-style plant based yogurts without any added trashy ingredients. Almost all of them are loaded with too much sugar, fructose syrup, sunflower oil (ewk, I don't want oil in my yogurt, thanks), etc. But if you are one of those lucky persons that live next to a Whole Foods Market or, for example, you can find high-quality coconut yogurts then you can make this recipe 100 % dairy free and vegan-friendly.
Now I'm off to drool over Hannamari Rahkonen's pictures, it's an IG account (@hannamariyellowmood) I recently discovered and you should check her yummy recipes out! Btw, what do you think if I start recommending accounts I like on IG, or new things I discover on-line here on the blog? Would you like to see that new lipstick shade I've fallen in love with, my new favorite brunch spot...etc? Let me know in the comments section!

Stay cool and hydrated kids!

¡Receta en español disponible muy pronto!




Creamy Blueberry Pops
(yield: 6 big pops)

Ingredients
- For the white creamy part:
1 cup unsweetened organic greek yogurt.
1/4 cup pure maple syrup.
- For the blueberry cream:
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries.
1/2 cup unsweetened organic greek yogurt.
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup.
- Optional add-in:
3 or 4 cookies, broken into pieces.

Directions
In a medium mixing bowl stir together the greek yogurt with the maple syrup, store in the fridge while making the blueberry mixture.
Place the blueberries in a medium saucepan over low-medium heat and add in one tablespoon of maple syrup, mash the blueberries with a fork while stirring until they release their juice and you get a simple compote. Set aside and let it cool a little bit.
Mix 1/2 cup of greek yogurt with the blueberry compote and start filling your popsicle molds alternating with the two mixtures, creating whatever pattern you desire, you don't have to follow an specific order. Optionally you can also add in broken pieces of your favorite cookies for extra yumminess and indulgence. Again, place them in the top, middle or base of your pops...the more impromptu the better!
Insert a stick into each popsicle, cover and let it set in the freezer until solid.










Comments