Toffee Brownies

Brownies oh brownies! How I love them! They are my favorite sweet treat, I'd have them at any time, any day!
I've tried quite a lot of brownie recipes and this is the one I liked the most. It's from (one of my favorites cookbooks) 101 Cakes and Bakes by BBC Books. They have the perfect thick and rich texture, super chocolatey and simply irresistible. I'm pretty sure you'll love these brownies if you try this recipe some day. Alert: they're so addictive you won't have enough with just one portion! ;-)

Click aquí para la receta en español!
 


Toffee Brownies

Ingredients
(serves 16 pieces)
350g dark chocolate (50-60% cocoa), chopped.
250g unsalted butter, chopped.
3 large eggs.
250g muscovado sugar.
100g flour.
1 teaspoon baking powder.

Directions
Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF). Butter and line the base of a shallow 23cm/9inch square cake tin.
In a saucepan melt together chocolate and butter, stir well and set aside to cool.
Whisk eggs until pale, add in sugar until well combined. Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture, carefully. Finally sift in flour and baking powder stirring slowly until you have a smooth batter.
Pour into the prepared tin and bake for around 35 minutes (I believe you won't need to bake it more time).Test by inserting a wooden stick into the middle, there should be a few moist crumbs sticking to it. The mixture will still be soft in the centre, but will firm up on cooling.
Cool in the tin on a wire rack for at least 1 hour, then cut into 16 squares and finish cooling on the rack.
 
 
 

Comments

  1. guapisimaa! no veas que pinta tienen!!! creo que podría decir que es mi bizcocho de chocolate favorito! nunca me canso...
    te han quedado genial, un besito

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Marta! Me alegra un montón ver que tus comentarios siempre son los primeros! :-) La verdad es que el brownie tambíen es mi bizcocho de chocolate favorito, como ya he dicho en el post, me apetece a cualquier hora! Jeje.
      Besos!

      Delete
  2. Buenísimos, te han quedado geniales!
    un beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchísimas gracias! Acabo de visitar tu blog, qué bonito es! Ya tienes una seguidora más! Es súper entretenido, me encanta que hables de diseño, moda, cocina...mis temas favoritos! :-)
      Un saludo desde Barcelona!

      Delete
  3. Buffffff!!! que bueno!!!! de chocolate creo que hice uno, el resto totalmente diferentes!!! Bss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! La verdad es que estaba muy bueno, jiji. Es una de mis recetas favoritas! :-)
      Un abrazo.

      Delete
  4. Es un brownie perfecto!!! me encanta tu blog. Lo pongo en favoritos! Un beso!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Mabel! Como ya te dije tu blog me gusta mucho, lo explicas todo súper bien y las fotos que haces ayudan mucho a comprender las recetas! :-) Yo también tengo tu blog añadido a mis favoritos! Un abrazo desde Barcelona!

      Delete
  5. I could eat an entire pan of brownies by myself - hah! These look great =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, me too! They're one of my favorite desserts. Actually I've been craving for brownies soooo much today but Xmas is around the corner so I'm being more strict with myself these days. :-p. Thanks for your comment Rachel.

      Delete

Post a Comment