Blueberry baked oatmeal

Before I begin talking about how good this recipe is :-p let me wish you all a safe, peaceful and positive quarantine; hope you and your loved ones are healthy! Since I work from home my routine hasn't changed much and luckily I keep my collaborations with food brands so that makes me a very busy homebody. Plus my kitty is such an attention seeker, ha!...no time for being lazy. Honestly I envy those who can lay on the couch and watch Netflix for hours!
Those who follow me on Instagram (thank you for being real and loyal, btw) may remember a baked oatmeal recipe I posted almost a month ago, well I made this one for Ecocesta (a Spanish food brand) and promised to share an updated version in english. Truth is the one I'm sharing today is even better, yummier and prettier. I'm a sucker for baked oatmeal, if you follow my instructions you will get a creamy, super tender and juicy breakfast that happens to be healthy and oh so comforting.
'Cause we all need some comfort and feel-good vibes these days, don't you think?
I love to reheat leftovers with some extra milk and enjoy a post-workout afternoon snack topped with creamy coconut yogurt or greek-style vanilla yogurt, always making sure it's organic and made with milk from happy cows, otherwise it's a big 'no' from me! Also, don't forget an extra drizzle of maple syrup, chopped walnuts and your favorite fresh fruit. Hope you enjoy this blueberry baked oatmeal as much as I do; it's vegan-friendly, gluten free and refined sugar free!



Blueberry baked oatmeal
(4 to 6 servings)

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups rolled oats.
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds.
3 tablespoons warm water.
3/4 cup mashed banana.
1 1/2 cups unsweetened oat milk, at room temperature.
1/4 cup pure maple syrup.
1 tablespoon coconut oil, liquid.
1 teaspoon pure vanilla powder.
1 teaspoon baking powder.
Pinch of pink Himalayan salt.
1 cup fresh blueberries.
A bunch of walnuts, roughly chopped.

-Toppings:
Coconut yogurt.
Fresh blueberries.
Walnuts.
Maple syrup.

Directions
First of all prepare the flax 'egg' by mixing the ground flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of warm water. Let it rest until it thickens.
Preheat oven to 190 ºC and grease a square pan with a little bit of coconut oil.
In a medium mixing bowl stir together oats, baking powder, vanilla and salt. Set aside.
Place mashed banana, oat milk, maple syrup, flax egg and coconut oil inside the jar of your blender and pulse until a creamy mixture forms. Pour this wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
Transfer the oatmeal mixture to your prepared pan and add in the fresh blueberries, making sure they are well distributed all over the mixture, pushing some of them with your fingers into the bottom of the pan (some will sink by themselves, just make sure there are plenty of them on top so your oatmeal looks prettier). Repeat the process with the walnuts.
Bake for 35 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack and let the oatmeal rest in the pan for 5 minutes approximately before serving.
Serve warm with a dollop of coconut yogurt (feel free to use your favorite type), some fresh blueberries, walnuts and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.






Comments