Cookie Dough Protein Bites

I've been making several batches of these protein-packed cookie dough bites since last year, playing with the ingredients, proportions and protein powders. So half a year after showing a sneak peek on my Insta I think it's finally time to share the recipe; I don't know why I've postponed this for so long...maybe because I have too many things in my mind and simply forgot to stop and take some pictures of these little cuties. I promise you, these cookie dough raw bites are super delicious and easy to make; the perfect on-the-go snack whenever you need something to fuel your mornings or for those late afternoon cravings. My favorite time of the day to enjoy these bites is right after my workout session or when I'm on the computer working like crazy and don't even have time to move my ass and go to the kitchen. They are truly a lifesaver! :-p
This recipe is raw, vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free. I guess you can also make it nut-free by replacing the peanut butter with tahini or sunflower seed butter but obviously it will affect the flavor and probably the texture.



Cookie Dough Protein Bites
(yield: 32 balls approx.)

Ingredients
1 cup gf oat flour.
1/4 cup coconut flour.
1/2 cup vegan vanilla protein powder.*
1 cup natural peanut butter.
1/4 cup raw extra virgin coconut oil.
3 to 4 tablespoons of pure maple syrup.
A small pinch of pink Himalayan salt.
A small pinch of pure vanilla powder.
1/4 cup raw dark chocolate chips.

Notes:
- About the protein powder: this is my favorite type of protein powder for this specific recipe but there are lots of alternative powders you can use, though the second best one is almond protein powder.
- I recommend using unsalted and unroasted peanut butter, cashew butter works well too in this recipe. If your nut butter is salted then you won't have to add any more.
- If you can't find raw dark chocolate chips (also, they are a bit pricey) use your favorite dark chocolate chips but make sure they really are dark, at least 70% cocoa.

Directions
Place all the ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) in the bowl of your food processor and pulse until all ingredients are mixed together and a sticky ball of dough forms.
Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl and stir in the chocolate chips with a silicone spatula or a big wooden spoon.
Scoop around 1 tablespoon of dough for each protein bite and roll into balls, you will get 32 balls approximately. Press some extra dark chocolate chips evenly around the dough to make them look more cute. ;-)
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy.





Comments