Blue Chia Pudding

First of all, sorry for neglecting the blog for so long! I've had a lot of work to finish since Christmas and finally I can write and share a new recipe on here. Hope you all are doing great and most importantly safe and warm at home cause we are having veeery cold days in the northern hemisphere. I just watched on the tv how many countries are literally freezing, here in Spain a lot of cities are covered by the snow but not as bad as some countries both overseas and in northern Europe. Luckily I live in Barcelona and the mediterranean climate is quite warm compared to other places...but that doesn't mean I'm not freezing my ass off these days! Hehe, actually the tip of my nose is super cold and I'm all wrapped up in my blanket thinking about how cool would it be to have someone making a warm cup of matcha latte for me while I'm typing this post. But no, I'll have to get my ass off the chair and go prepare myself a hot cup of tea. My fellow food bloggers, you'll understand me when I say sometimes it's cool when you're not the one who's cooking, right?!
Okay, enough rambling from me! Let's focus on the recipe: a blue chia pudding that I wanted to share long ago. I know this is not something new, there are thousands of blue chia puddings, smoothie bowls and all kind of mesmerizing blueish, pinkish and 'my little pony'-looking desserts all over Pinterest and Instagram but I wanted to share my version of this trend. I like how a tiny pinch of blue spirulina powder can give so much color, be careful when you are playing with this superfood for the first time or you'll end up with lots of blue stains and looking like a smurf. :-p
Rest assured I'll come back with many blue-themed recipes this year...and maybe also purple, mauve and pastel pink! ;-)


Blue Chia Pudding
(1 serving)

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsweetened veggie milk.
2 tablespoons chia seeds.
2 teaspoons pure maple syrup.
1/4 teaspoon blue spirulina powder.
A pinch of pure vanilla powder.
Creamy coconut yogurt.
- Toppings:
Mixed berries.

Directions
In a small bowl stir all the chia pudding ingredients (minus the coconut yougrt) and mix well until the blue spirulina powder is dissolved. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
Cover and let the pudding rest for around 20 minutes approximately or until the chia seeds have soaked up the liquid and the mixture thickens. You might need to give it a quick stir after the first 5 minutes or so to avoid any chia clumps.
Serve the chia pudding in a glass jar alternating different layers of coconut yogurt (or your favorite creamy yogurt) and pudding. Top with your favorite berries and enjoy!
Alternatively you can let the chia pudding rest overnight in the fridge and serve as a quick breakfast with the coconut yogurt, granola and fresh fruit.

Notes:
- If you want a deeper blue tone try adding up to 1/2 teaspoon of blue spirulina powder but be careful cause the pudding might have a weird aftertaste if you are not used to the taste of spirulina.
- I recommend using unsweetened coconut or almond milk to get a pretty blue hue.
- This pudding will taste more yummy if you combine it with a creamy greek-style coconut yogurt.






Comments