Carob Bliss Balls

Spring is in full bloom over here, yay! My cherry tomato plants are already flowering, some tiny strawberries are showing up too, the sky is clear blue and not a single grey cloud in sight, I finally got to switch up my bedding (goodbye winter covers!) and since days are significantly longer I have more time to take pictures of my recipes. I only shoot with natural light because I think it makes food look beautiful, more natural and 'real'...you know what I mean?
My tortoise Tomi is so active and happy now, he loves walking all around my rooftop patio soaking up the sun, eating freshly picked lettuce leaves and taking long naps in the afternoon.
I've seen quite a lot of tempting, decadent and also luscious Easter desserts and treats these days but this year I'm going to behave cause I ate 'bunyols' last week: they are small balls, with a donut-like texture typically available at pastry shops and eaten during Lent season and Easter in Catalonia. Some are filled with pastry cream and other are very similar to donut holes but with a lovely anise aroma. Also next monday is also a festive day here and we traditionally end the Easter holidays with a chocolate dessert, that's why I need to eat as clean as possible during the whole week! But you my fellow food bloggers really made me want to fall into temptation with your drool-worthy recipes!
In order to keep my sweet tooth under control I made these carob bliss balls the other day and they are now in my top 5 favorite raw bites. Ever since I dusted the tops of my pumpkin energy squares with carob powder I fell in love with its flavor and they make these balls taste almost like a brownie or a fancy chocolate truffle but they are healthy, my kinda snack to show those 3pm sugar cravings who's boss. ;-)




Carob Bliss Balls
(yield: 22 balls)

Ingredients
1 cup medjool dates, pitted.
1 cup raw almonds.
1/4 cup carob powder.
2 tablespoons natural almond butter.
2 tablespoons coconut syrup or agave syrup.
2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut.
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla powder.
Carob powder, for rolling.

Directions
Place the almonds in your food processor and pulse until they are almost ground.
Add the rest of the ingredients and process until well mixed and a sticky dough forms. 
Scoop one measuring tablespoon of mixture for each ball and roll into balls using your hands. You should get around 22 balls.
Roll the balls in carob powder and place in the fridge so they set a little bit, for around 30 minutes. Cover again with extra carob powder and enjoy!
Store these bliss balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator.






Comments

  1. I would say these are appropriately named; they look like pure bliss. And that ingredient list has me drooling! Yay for more sunlight! It definitely makes life easier when shooting blog pictures. Have a great weekend and happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment