Creamy Vanilla and Chocolate Pops

This week I bring you a new summery easy recipe: chocolate and vanilla pops because that's what summer calls for. Popsicles, lots of fresh watermelon, homemade lemonade and ice cream cones (or a cup with a couple big scoops) is what I crave when it's super hot. Btw, talking about ice creams...keep your eyes peeled cause I'm preparing a super delicious recipe! But can't tell you much more right now...so you'll have to be a bit patient. *insert monkey covering his mouth emoji*
These pops are creamy thanks to the combination of silken tofu and cashews, which makes them a healthier alternative to those who have cream, condensed milk or whole milk as a base. The recipe yields 8 pops and I decided to make 4 vanilla flavor and 4 chocolate flavor pops but it's up to you if you want to try just one flavor or even combine both in the same popsicle.
They are a good late-night summer treat and also a refreshing snack or dessert to satisfy your chocolate cravings and will make you feel full.
Last year I published these healthy, non-alcoholic Mojito Pops that were a hit and not too long ago, a bit less than two months ago, I made these Sangria Pops (for adults only, they have red wine). So if you want more ideas there you have them! Wish I could make frozen desserts every single day...*sigh* but it would completely ruin all the hard work I'm putting in my training (someday I'll have a six-pack, lol).
I'm off to sweat it out with an intense boxing workout, send me some strength vibes cause I'm gonna need them, it's insanely hot today! I'll think about my ex-hairdresser every time I throw a punch (read my previous blog post to understand why).

Receta en español aquí!


Creamy Vanilla and Chocolate Pops
(yield: 8 pops)

Ingredients
3/4 cup silken tofu, diced into small cubes.
3 cups light coconut milk.
1 cup ground cashews.
1 tsp pure vanilla extract.
4 tbsp maple syrup.
1 banana, frozen.
- For the chocolate flavor:
Add 4 tbsp of pure cocoa powder to the base.


Directions
In a saucepan over medium heat stir together tofu and milk and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and add in ground cashews and vanilla. Keep stirring and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and let cool a bit at room temperature.
Transfer mixture to a blender and add the maple syrup and frozen banana chunks. Process until smooth.
Pour mixture into 4 pop molds and put wooden sticks in place.
Freeze until solid.
- For the chocolate flavor:
Add 4 tablespoons of pure cocoa powder to the remaining mixture, blend again and pour into the other 4 pop molds. Freeze until solid.

* Notes:
- I used light coconut milk but not the one that comes in a can, it comes in carton/boxes and looks as liquid as any other vegetable milk.
- Cut the silken tofu into medium/small chunks before measuring.
- I recommend to chop the banana into chunks when freezing them, this way the blending process is much more faster and easier.






Comments

  1. These look so good your photos are awesome, what a great idea to use tofu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rebecca! I liked how the pics came out too, sometimes the most impromptu photoshoots are the ones that give you best results. :-)

      xoxox

      Delete
  2. These look so decadent! I wish I had one right now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aimee! I love your blog, had the pleasure to discover it just a few weeks ago and it's already one of my favorites! :-)

      xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment