22 may. 2012

Vegan Brownies

When you're craving for chocolate but you don't have much time and want to eat healthier, these brownies are the perfect choice. It was my first time trying a vegan recipe and being the brownie junkie I am, I highly doubted that they were going to taste good...but I was wrong!
Obviously they don't have the rich consistence of a classic brownie but let me tell you that if you're patient enough and wait until the next day you'll find out that they taste even better.
I wanna try different versions of the vegan brownie recipe since I have found a lot on the web. As for now, this is my very first attempt and I am very glad to discover that the vegan world it's not as boring as I thought! ;-)

Haz click aquí para la receta en español!



Vegan Brownies

Ingredients
75g dark chocolate.
150g vegan margarine.
150g soft brown sugar.
150g self-raising flour.
1tsp natural vanilla essence.
4 tbsp soya milk.

Directions
Melt the chocolate with the margarine in a bowl over a pan of boiling water.
Stir in the sugar, soya milk and vanilla essence, then add the flour.
Spread into a greased square brownie pan and cook for about 20 minutes at 200ºC (400ºF), until cooked or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs.
Leave it in the pan to cool, then cut into squares.




2 comentarios: